Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Images...

I've been photographing windows lately, or window-light vignettes. Now that I think about it, I used a lot of window images and doorways in my thesis. At the time, I looked at the symbolic connection between my anxiety with finishing school, the choices I would have to make, and the window/door images (symbolic icons of choice/options). Now, as I look forward to my new role in life as a mother, I suppose that the windows would resurface. I wonder what it means that the windows are shrouded, either in fabric or diffused, so that the external options cannot be viewed....hmmmm. Maybe it just means that the future is unclear...welcome to parenthood, right?



3 comments:

Chandler Pritchett said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!!

Adair said...

Your pregnant??? Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! Keep me updated! I miss you so much? I heard you might be coming in town for the MFA show is that true?

Anonymous said...

I love the bottom one. May I please sit there and work on a sketchbook?